Mastering the Technical Sale
Selling for Engineers and Techs With Victor Antonio
May 21st, November 12th
Many engineers and technicians never thought they would end up helping salespeople close deals, let alone being thrust into a sales role. As an engineer turned salesman, I truly understand the mental and physical challenges you’ll face. Whether you’re a sales application engineer, the sales tech, or a newly minted salesperson this Masterclass will show you how to make the transition and how to leverage your technical knowledge to be successful selling or supporting salespeople.
- What skills are required to move from tech to sales?
- How to work with salespeople in a supportive role.
- Move from technical talks to presentations that persuade.
What You'll Learn:
- Handling technical objections.
- How to ask the right questions and listen with the intent.
- Learn the basic structure or framework of an effective presentation
- Using simple visuals: from technical jargon to using analogies and metaphors
- How do you frame the value of the product?
- How to use key metrics (e.g., ROI, TCO, BEP) in your presentation
- 7 product demo Dos and Don’ts
- Dealing with unreasonable requests during a technical presentation.
- Asking clarifying questions before answering.
- 5 ways to get prospects to engage in your presentation.
- How to handle objections and/or concerns throughout the demo.
- Identify personality types using the S.A.A.D. model to be more effective at presenting.
- How to keep the conversation on track and not be distracted by technical ‘red herrings’.
- Use a 3-point pivot to handle hostile questions.
- Managing a technical Q&A session.
- How to control the technical sales conversation.
- Leveraging case studies during a technical product demonstration.
High- Impact Training From Victor Antonio
Victor earned his Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and eventually transitioned to technical selling.
After building a successful 20-year career as a top sales executive, Victor Antonio became a globally sought-after sales speaker and trainer.
Learn what works, but more importantly, learn what doesn’t work!
Who Should Attend?
If you’re a tech or engineer who is either task with supporting sales or have recently join the ranks of selling, this masterclass is for you. This masterclass will help you learn the basics of selling to help work better with your sales counterpart or to help you start off a great sales career.